The Pigeon River Covered Bridge (also known as the McNutt’s, East Fork and Harrisburg Covered Bridge) is the oldest standing covered bridge in Tennessee.
Located in Sevierville, it was an access point for the town which was known for craftsmen like Mill Builders in the 1800s.
The bridge was built in 1875 by Elbert Stephenson Early, who owned the nearby Newport Mill, one of many mills in the area. The mills processed corn for local farmers, much of which ended up as the key ingredient for their quietly produced whiskey.
This remote area in the Smoky Mountains, provided the perfect seclusion from Whiskey Tax Collectors in the 1800s and prohibition enforcers in the early 20th century.
Pigeon River Tennessee Whiskey is made from corn and a touch of malted barley. It is a mash bill that would have been commonly found in Eastern Tennessee in the 1800s